Part-Time – 15 Hours per week
Up to 22 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £ 8.36 / hour – 23 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.91 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
To supervise the security, health, safety and welfare of the public ensuring their enjoyment in all areas of the facility and carry out rescues as required. To assist the Pool/Centre Supervisor in the preparation and activities in a professional manner to ensure a high quality of service is provided to pool users and visitors.
The main duties will include:
• Lifeguarding public swimming, swimming lessons, and any other sessions as required.
• Duties in the Fitness Suite as qualifications allow
• To maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all rooms, furniture, and equipment.
• To maintain a reasonable level of behaviour by members and users.
• To be polite, courteous, and helpful to all users of the building.
• To work on reception as required.
To the successful candidate we offer:
• 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible working environment
• Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
• An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us/
Completed applicant forms should be returned to [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Thursday 2nd September 2021 by 9:00am.
Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contac candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this