Are you experienced in supporting victims of domestic abuse? Are you able to offer emotional support and practical help under in really challenging circumstances?
Yes? Then read on, we may just have what you’re looking for.
Domestic Abuse Outreach Worker
£21,500 pro rata
22 days + Bank Holidays pro rata to hrs.
Part Time (21 hours) Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Fylde Coast Women’s Aid is a registered charity providing a domestic abuse outreach service for the Boroughs of Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre. We are looking for an organised individual with demonstrable listening, empathy, and communication skills in order to work directly with our clients them and provide them with the skilled practical help and support they need.
1. To work in the Outreach team
– To work in partnership with voluntary and statutory organisations
– To work in partnership with other FCWA staff, volunteers and colleagues
– To provide Peer Support and group work support
2. To provide support, advocacy and information
– Meet or speak on the telephone with victims of domestic abuse to provide initial support and information
– Provide appropriate crisis support to Outreach clients
– Signpost people appropriately
– Provide follow-up support
– Support to be provided in a culturally sensitive and appropriate manner
– Complete and update risk assessments and individual support and safety plans for clients
3. Support the FCWA Helpline if required
– Take helpline calls and provide sensitive and confidential advice
– Refer callers to other agencies, if they wish and if it is appropriate
4. Provide a range of specialist services within the Outreach team
– Support the Outreach team to support victims of abuse referred
– Provide outreach to individuals and support with group work delivery
– Attend meetings as and when required to support these clients within the Child Protection process
5. Publicise the work of FCWA in the area
– Ensure those who are experiencing domestic violence or abuse know about the services FCWA provides
– Maintain good working relationships with local voluntary and statutory agencies to keep up-to-date on local resources available to clients
– Build close links with relevant local health agencies and groups
– Ensure local agencies refer clients to FCWA, and that they do so appropriately
6. Be an active member of the team
– Help cover the work of the team during absences, vacancies or when a colleague is under pressure
– Liaise and coordinate with other team members to provide a cohesive quality service
– Participate in, and contribute to, team meetings
– Share with other team members previous experience, skills and up-to-date knowledge which may be relevant to the team in providing its service
– Keep up to date on local and national changes and best practice when supporting victims and issues that affect them.
7. Maintain accurate records in line with FCWA procedures, regarding all aspects of service delivery for monitoring and other purposes
– Ensure accurate input of information to the case management system
– Record details of groups delivered including number of delegates and feedback
– Collate data as required by funding requirements
This role is subject to successful references and an enhanced DBS check.
The post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 and Part 1 –
FEMALE APPLICANTS ONLY
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Community Outreach Worker, Project Coordinator, Community Worker, Support Worker, Outreach Support Worker, Outreach Executive, Outreach Officer, IDVA worker.
How to apply for the Domestic Abuse Outreach Worker role:
If you have the skills and experience required to be a Domestic Abuse Outreach Worker, complete the application online at Work with FCWA – Fylde Coast Women’s Aid – FCWA
Or the application form can be downloaded and forwarded to [email protected]
or posted to:
Recruitment, FCWA, The Old Police Station, 77 Montague St, Blackpool FY4 1AT
Closing date 9am on Wednesday 8 th September 2021
Interviews: date to be arranged
If you would like further information on this role please contact Glenda Smith, Service Manageron 01253752014 or by email on [email protected]