Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Annual leave: 22 days per annum plus bank holidays
Area: Fylde & Wyre (Office is based in Blackpool)
Responsible to Fylde Coast Women’s Aid Board of Trustees through the Service Manager
Fylde Coast Women’s Aid is a registered charity providing a domestic abuse outreach service for the Boroughs of Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre. We are looking for an organised individual with an understanding of trauma informed practice and who is able to demonstrable listening, empathy, and communication skills in order to work directly with our clients and provide them with the skilled practical help and support they need.
Duties &Key Responsibilities
· Act as the first point of contact for all referrals into Domestic Abuse Housing Service and complete a thorough referral.
· To signpost any cases deemed as high-risk cases to the commissioned domestic abuse service for the area.
· Liaise with both Wyre Housing and Fylde Housing daily to ascertain clients suffering from domestic abuse that need intense support.
· To set up and to hold a weekly a DA/Housing surgery in each district.
· Identify and assess the risks and needs of domestic abuse victims using an evidence-based risk identification checklist.
· Ensure clients are safe within their homes and referrals to be made to Sanctuary Service as needed.
· The worker will provide short term support for households when they are moving into independent tenancies; support length depending on need.
· Focus on the prevention of future homelessness where applicable.
· Assist clients in accessing services and benefits, and to accompany them to appointments and advocate on their behalf as required
· Manage a case load ensuring each client receives the appropriate service by determining the appropriate support for their needs.
· Support the empowerment of the client and assist them in recognising the features and dynamics of domestic abuse present in their situation and help them regain control of their lives.
· Work with victims to help them access other relevant services within and external to FCWA.
· Advocate for victims with agencies who can help to address the domestic abuse by:
I. Understanding the role of all relevant statutory and non-statutory services available to domestic abuse victims and how your role fits into them.
II. Providing advocacy, emotional and practical support and information to victims including in relation to legal options, housing, health and finance.
III. Working directly with all key agency partners to address the safety of victims
· Ensure all referrals are processed efficiently with effective administrative skills
· Input all referrals onto FCWA’s online database and maintain each record
· Record all outcomes electronically, ensuring the right information is collated in an accurate and confidential manner
· Provide information and statistics for monitoring purposes on a bi-monthly basis.
· Implement policies and procedures of Fylde Coast Women’s Aid including child protection, health and safety, diversity issues, equal opportunities, and confidentiality.
· Where appropriate attend, participate and contribute to planning meetings, reviews and case conference by way of verbal contribution and/or presentation of reports.
· Deliver services consistently in time with work plans, monitor and evaluate performance of work including personal performances making modifications and improvements appropriately.
· Undertake training as and when required with Housing Teams within each local authority.
· Offer DA advice to Housing colleagues within Wyre and Fylde Homeless/Housing departments.
· Attend Homeless Forums within each Authority.
This role is subject to successful references and an enhanced DBS check.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Community Outreach Worker, Project Coordinator, Community Worker, Support Worker, Outreach Support Worker, Housing Officer, Outreach Officer, IDVA worker.
How to apply for the Domestic Abuse Housing Support Officer role:
If you have the skills and experience required to be a Domestic Abuse Housing Support Officer complete the application online at Work with FCWA – Fylde Coast WomenAid – FCWA
Or the application form can be downloaded and forwarded to [email protected] or posted to;
Recruitment, FCWA, The Old Police Station, 77 Montague St, Blackpool FY4 1AT
Closing date 9am 11 th October 2021
Interviews: date to be arranged
If you would like further information on this role please contact Glenda Smith, Service Manager on 01253752014 or by email on [email protected]