Housing Support Worker
Supported Housing YMCA
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
YMCA Housing works in collaboration with service users that are in crisis by enabling them to secure and maintain a safe place to stay. Positive emotional and mental health and wellbeing is fundamental to the growth and development of an individual, as such YMCA offers a holistic approach, supporting service users to better manage and improve their situation and to develop the confidence and skills to maintain independent living.
We are looking to recruit a Housing Support Worker to be work within the Supported Housing scheme. The successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for providing housing management support to service users of the scheme to ensure they have the relevant information and support to successfully manage their accommodation.
The position will include evening and weekend work, a flexible approach is essential.
Previous administration experience is essential for this position. Applicants should be educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
Main duties will include.
- To complete sign-ups with service users commencing the service, including full induction and application for Housing Benefit.
- Support service users to effectively manage their rent accounts, ensuring that housing benefit entitlement is secured.
- Be responsible for conducting weekly accommodation checks with service users and reporting and managing repairs to the accommodation.
- Support service users to develop understanding of their rights and responsibilities in a Tenancy and develop skills to effectively manage their accommodation.
- Monitor and update application process to ensure that applicants and service users are informed about the service and their responsibilities for the accommodation.
- Be responsible for the sale of tokens to service users and correct financial reporting.
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 12th October 2021 by 9:00am. Interviews date to be confirmed.
Please note, that due to high volume of application we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.