Full time – 37.5 Hours per Week
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring and progressive work environment as well as an opportunity to reach your full potential then you should consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self-esteem and potential in new ways.
At YMCA Lakeside, on the shores of Windermere, the YMCA operate an outdoor education centre that has seen over 1 million children and young people through our doors. The centre has operated for many years and has a diverse array of facilities, including the new state of the art £6.8M Stoller Campus, alongside numerous ageing staff accommodation blocks and service buildings.
Our Property Manager will lead a team providing proactive and reactive maintenance solutions across the centre, playing a key role in ensuring we can welcome a million more children and young people through our doors. Reporting to the Centre Manager you will prepare, plan and manage a maintenance program across the entire site.
On a daily basis you will be carrying out and managing routine maintenance, reactive repairs and contract management of various sub-contractors, health & safety providers and tenants.
The main duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and monitor a planned preventative maintenance system, including contract management of various sub-contractors and specialist services to maintain compliance records.
- To undertake and manage a range of maintenance works, including plumbing, joinery, minor building works.
- Management of periodic checks through all areas for items requiring attention, particularly light fittings, toilets/kitchens, and all doors/barriers/shutters, ensuring all exits and walkways are kept free from obstructions.
- Escalate any faults or issues outside of competence to appropriate sub-contractors.
- Effectively manage a site wide maintenance budget, monitor, and maintain effective cost control.
- Be compliant with relevant health and safety legislation/guidelines and ensure compliance with these at all times. Escalate any breaches to the Centre Manager in an appropriate timeframe.
- Building relationships with guests and tenants to resolve issues within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Liaise with contractors/sub-contractors and report job completion.
- Ad hoc requests from Centre Manager as required.
- Some out of hours working may be required as requested by the business.
If you would like to apply for this role you must have the following skills:
- General maintenance skills
- IT literate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated
- Full valid driving licence
To the successful candidate we offer:
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
- The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
- Job Share will also be considered
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 26th October 2021 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.