Join the team and support our lifesaving mission.
Why do we need you?
Volunteers are at the heart of our charity – without volunteer support we simply wouldn’t exist.
The North West Air Ambulance Charity’s helicopters and rapid response vehicles operate 365 days a year, with highly skilled specialist doctors and paramedics on board. They provide pre-hospital care and hospital transfers to patients across the entire North West region. Since we launched in 1999, the charity has been called to over 22,000 missions.
The North West Air Ambulance would not be here without the support of its community volunteers, supporters and partners. The charity is completely reliant on donations and we need over £9.5 million to keep the North West Air Ambulance Charity service operational.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and we strive to make adjustments to support volunteers of all abilities.
What can I get involved with?
Our retail stores accept clothes, household items, furniture and bric-a-brac from the public. We prepare products for resale, we sell merchandise and accept cash donations from the public. All of this wonderful work is supported by a team of over 250 volunteers, all working to keep the charity running each year.
We have 14 beautifully laid out stores across North West England. Our retail stores are our community hubs, they generate much needed income for the charity and are a way to raise our profile on the high street.
We pride ourselves in providing an enjoyable experience for all our customers and an excellent working environment for our volunteers.
What will I be doing?
Here’s some examples of what you can expect –
• Greeting customers as they enter the shop
• Sorting and pricing stock
• Assisting customers to find the product they are looking for
• Helping to keep the store clean and tidy
• Assisting with stock rotation
• Processing customer details for deliveries or Gift Aid
• Operating the till and dealing with various methods of payment
• Designing eye catching shop and window displays
Our retail volunteers are vital to making our charity shops successful. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who will work well as part of a retail team to provide a professional and friendly face for the charity and raise vital funds. Whatever you’re interested in, we’ll try to find a role for you.
What do you need from me?
• Good people skills
• A strong team player
• Reliable and trustworthy
• A willingness to undertake training and take direction
• Time to spare – ideally 4 hours per week or more
What can we offer you?
In return for your invaluable support as a volunteer, you can expect:
• An induction to the charity and role specific training
• The chance to meet new people and be part of a friendly team
• The opportunity to learn new skills or try something new
• To gain valuable retail experience under the supervision of an experienced retail manager
• Expenses in line with our volunteer expense policy
• Support when you need it from the volunteer team or your retail manager
When and where can I volunteer?
We have 14 shops across the North West –
Blackburn – Cherry Tree
With volunteer shifts available 7 days a week between 9.30am and 4.30pm, why not get involved in your local area?
Sounds great! What do I do next?
Fill in the quick and easy enquiry form on our website and a member of the volunteer team will be in touch soon.