Three-year fixed term contract
18.75 hours per week
£18,454 Per Annum/Pro Rata
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self-esteem and potential in new ways.
As Y:BMS Co-ordinator you will contribute to the development of young people who are experiencing challenges with mental and emotional health through the delivery of a targeted support programme within the Lancaster District. Offering both one to one support and group activity sessions you will support young people to improve their mental, emotional and physical health and well-being, liaise with referral partners and provide additional support, advocacy and signposting where required.
The main duties will include:
• Delivery of mental, emotional and physical activity based targeted youth support programmes.
• To liaise with local agencies creating efficient referral pathways for young people to access provision and to ensure appropriate on-programme support as required.
• To process referrals from partner agencies, carry out initial needs based mental, emotional and physical health assessments and subsequently create tailor made programmes to meet the needs of individual young people and small groups.
• To plan, deliver and evaluate a range of weekly sport, physical activity and healthy lifestyle sessions with children and young people.
• To deliver weekly one to one support, goal setting and reflection sessions with children and young people to track progress, identify further needs and evaluate sessions.
• To maintain daily records/case notes of contacts and work undertaken with children and young people for the purpose of evaluation.
• To develop and maintain monitoring records for all aspects of the work and to prepare monthly reports for the Service Manager, including statistical data, group and individual case-studies.
To the successful candidate we offer:
• 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible working environment
• Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
• An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
• The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
• Job Share will also be considered
For an application pack on the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 23rd March 2018 by 5.00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.