£9.22 per hour, 12 month contract March 2018
Part time post working Evenings and Weekends.Car driver desirable.
The main purpose of this post is to provide support, advice and assistance to women & children who have or may have experienced domestic abuse by accessing our service to enable and enhance each client’s quality of life by promoting / maintaining independent living for themselves and any dependants they may have.
If you have:
• Some experience of direct work supporting women experiencing domestic abuse.
• Experience of working with varied community groups and services.
• This role will require some 24hr on call for which a retainer payment is made (1 week in 4).
• An understanding of the tasks required to maintain a safe living and working environment.
• An understanding of the risks associated with lone working.
• Working knowledge of statutory and voluntary services available for the client group and the issues involved in providing a co-ordinated service for them.
• Working Knowledge of Welfare Benefits.
• An understanding of the support interventions required firstly to support a service user to maintain their accommodation at the refuge and to then move on to independent accommodation successfully.
• Previous experience of using computer based systems to accurately record work and client details
And want to make a real difference, and then this may be the job for you.
This is a flexible working position and will require working during the evenings and at weekends.
Car user desirable.
This role is subject to successful references and an enhanced DBS check.
Fylde Coast Women’s Aid is an equal opportunities employer. This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 and Part 1
To apply please visit their website www.fcwa.co.uk and download an application pack.
CVs will not be considered. Please demonstrate on your application form how you meet the selection criteria detailed in the person specification. You can include examples of experience from paid employment, voluntary work etc.
Completed applications should be either be emailed or posted to:
Fylde Coast Women’s Aid, PO Box 33, Blackpool FY3 9GZ
If you would like to discuss the position please contact Glenda Smith, Assistant Service Manager, on 01253 752014
Closing date: Wednesday 17th March 2017
Interview date: to be confirmed.
If you have not heard within 2 weeks of the closing date I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in working for Fylde Coast Women’s Aid.