Blackpool, Wyre & Fylde CVS are working in partnership with Wyre and Fylde Councils and the CCGs for Blackpool and Fylde & Wyre to help support the Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise Sector (VCFSE) across the two areas by providing grants.
What we can fund
The maximum we can award is £5,000 per organisation but we would like to encourage a wide range of bids from a minimum of £300 up to a small number to the £5,000 maximum.
We are keen to fund projects that:
- Meet the immediate need of Wyre, Fylde and Blackpool residents who are struggling as a result of COVID-19
- Provide advice and information to residents affected by COVID-19 to help them access longer term support they might need, such as benefits, debt advice or employment support
- Provide emotional and mental health support
- Help address social isolation
- Demonstrate how significant numbers of residents most affected by COVID-19 will benefit from these funds and which geographical areas and issues are being addressed
- Address digital exclusion
We will fund capital and revenue expenses.
Capital expenses may include:
- buying or replacing essential equipment e.g. if a food bank needs a fridge to expand storage capacity or a group need IT equipment to enable their beneficiaries to access on-line support groups.
Revenue expenses may include:
- supporting running costs for VCFSE activities
- food, clothing and essential supplies including sanitary products
- utility, rental and staffing costs
All successful organisations will need to produce an outcomes summary and funding should be spent by 31 March 2021.
What we cannot fund
- Projects outside the district boundaries of Blackpool, Wyre and Fylde
- Any activity that does not assist the community response to the Coronavirus pandemic
- Statutory activities/requirements that either the Council or another public-sector organisation is responsible for delivering
- Alcoholic refreshments
- Projects that specifically benefit private businesses
- Political activities, lobbying or campaigning
- Retrospective requests for activities that have already taken place.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. The application window for this round of funding will close at 5pm on Monday 1st February 2021.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]