Blackpool, Wyre & Fylde CVS are working in partnership with Wyre and Fylde Councils to help support the Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise Sector (VCFSE) across the two areas by providing grants.
What we can fund
The maximum we can award is £5,000 per organisation but we would like to encourage a wide range of bids from a minimum of £300 up to a small number to the £5,000 maximum.
We are keen to fund projects that:
- meet the immediate need of Wyre and Fylde residents who are struggling to afford food and essentials due to COVID-19
- provide advice and information to residents affected by COVID-19 to help them access longer term support they might need, such as benefits, debt advice or employment support
- provide emotional and mental health support
- help address social isolation
- demonstrate how significant numbers of residents most affected by COVID-19 will benefit from these funds and which geographical areas and issues are being addressed
We will fund capital and revenue expenses.
Capital expenses may include:
- buying or replacing essential equipment e.g. if a food bank needs a fridge to expand storage capacity or a group need IT equipment to enable their beneficiaries to access on-line support groups.
Revenue expenses may include:
- supporting running costs for VCFSE activities
- food, clothing and essential supplies including sanitary products
- utility, rental and staffing costs
All successful organisations will need to produce an outcomes summary and funding should be spent by 31 March 2021.
What we cannot fund
- Projects outside the district boundaries of Wyre and Fylde
- Any activity that does not assist the community response to the Coronavirus pandemic
- Statutory activities/requirements that either the Council or another public-sector organisation is responsible for delivering
- Alcoholic refreshments
- Projects that specifically benefit private businesses
- Political activities, lobbying or campaigning
- Retrospective requests for activities that have already taken place.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. The application window for this round of funding will close on Friday 4th December.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]